Power cord for iBook fell in pitcher of water

Reaction score
This may sound like a crazy story, but last night, I detached the power cord from my iBook but left the cord plugged into the wall. What I didn't know (it was dark) was that I had left a pitcher of water on the floor from watering the plants - and the power cord had fallen into the pitcher! When I woke up and found it sitting in the water, the metal tip was totally corroded; I cleaned it the best I could, but the metal is still a copper color. I tried plugging it into the laptop and it actually works fine! But I'm wondering if there's anything I should be worried about? Could the cord somehow harm the laptop?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
As long as it was dry when you inserted it you should be fine.
How were the flowers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I think you might be the first person to experiment with long-term, electric shock therapy for flowers!!! LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
The first copper-plated power cord! I wonder if it works better than the normal ones....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.