I'm new!

W

willisit

Hi all,

I'm another convert from the world of MS (yuk) and thought I'd come in and introduce myself.

I've been building and working with computers and PCs for as long as I can remember but always dreamed (but could never justify the cost) of owning a Mac.
But with MacOS being BSD based (I lurve Linux) I thought the time was right to ditch the vanilla box and come to where it's warmer ;)

I have a week or so until my iMac 20in G5 appears but I hope to get involved and annoy the **** out of you with newbie questions (if you don't mind!).

I'll keep the PC (with Linux) but the iMac will be my main box. Can't wait! :D

Reaction score
welcome and enjoy your stay I have yet to get my ibook mac but I can not wait change is good :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Welcome to the board Dan!

Reaction score
Welcome to mac-forums. I'm sure you'll stay for a while, it's a great palce! Switching is fun isn't it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
welcome to the forums, congrats on the switch and the 20 inch imac g5.

OP
W

willisit

Many thanks chaps!

I have a lot to learn (though I can probably wing 99% of it) but I hope to read up as much of this forum as my brain will allow (before useful stuff starts seeping out!)>

I just love the Mac idea... and the practice? Looking forward to it. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
I don't think you'll regret it... I converted last Autumn (that's Fall to all you Americans :) ) and these things rock.

OP
M

mdamics

You'll love it....

Hey how ya' doing? i just got the 17 inch imac g5 with the superdrive and upgraded the ram to almost a gig.
Trust me you will never wanna touch your p.c. again, but by all means ask away with any questions you might have i would be happy to answer what ever i can and i'm sure others would too.
Take care and enjoy your new imac g5, i know i am...later

OP
I

iDVFH.

Is it true that the 20" iMac G5's aren't selling alot? I was reading that everyone was buying the 17" models..

OP
J

jessica

If I were to buy an iMac it would be the 20".
The 17" pales in comparison I think.

OP
W

willisit

Well I have a week to wait (or so) and I'm already itching to play!

I'm from the UK too :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.