Transferring Ged com files. [Genealogy]

Reaction score
Spent a lot of time on Sunday trying to transfer a Ged com file from Ancestry .Co.Uk to Genes Reunited. Giving up in desperation I contacted the Genes Reunited help site. Apparently this is a well known bug affecting the Safari browser. Was advised to use the Mozilla Firefox browser. Bingo! Immediate transfer. Also able to play chess on Yahoo. I am an instant convert to Firefox. Can anyone tell me what advantages Safari has? Charles

Reaction score
Not really sure, like you I needed a browser that supported more than Safari does so I looked into Firefox for Mac and now I hardly use Safari at all. I wish that Microsoft would come out with an Outlook version for Mac but not holding my breath. It's the one program that MS actually did well on. Currently I use the Mail app in Leopard and it works pretty good but still like the Outlook interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.