Just got wifi and I have some questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Just got wireless internet and I have a few questions.

1. If I am on my PC is there a way to check if my imac is using the wireless internet?

2. My wifi dies at moments and I lose connection. Can I run dial up and wifi at the same time so if my wifi dies out I can run dial up without losing a internet connection?

2. My PS3 can't find my wifi is there a way to use my imac as a relay because my imac is 3 to 4 meters away from my imac?

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can provide.

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
well I have connected my imac with wireless internet then plugged in a ethernet cable from my imac to my PS3. My PS3 finds my wireless IP address but it cant find a connection it says DNS error 80710102. Not sure what that means but it has become a pain in my side. anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you want to go down the internet connection sharing route:
Have you enabled internet sharing in the Sharing Preferences panel on your imac?

Alternatively:
If you post a little more detail about your wi-fi router (make model etc) I may be able to discover why your PS3 can't connect to the wireless network.

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I turned on internet sharing so I could share airport through ethernet but the same error comes up.

Not sure where to find info on my wi-fi router. Im noob at this kind of stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looking at the box it came in will probably give you a bit of a clue as to the name of the company and the model number ;P

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm Im not to sure its a local company that gives Wireless internet to people in the country.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hmm Im not to sure its a local company that gives Wireless internet to people in the country.

It sounds like a large-scale Wi-Fi deployment. Do you connect to it by using the wireless connection on your Mac?

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I use airport to connect to it

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright I moved my PS3 into another room where I can get the wireless. Everything was good and I was downloading at an average of 130 kbps. Then one day my wireless signal grows weak and download speeds have gone down to 30 KBPS I looked outside to check the weather and it was a nice sunny day with a slight breeze but nothing to disrupt my connection. That was a week ago and my speed has not gained any and my wireless cuts out a lot which is frustrating since I play in online gaming tournaments.

Anyone know what's going on because when I call my ISP they don't help at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.