Grey Screen of Death

Reaction score
I lately used BootCamp to add Windows XP pro to my computer for a larger array of games. But, after everything working greatly, my MacBook Pro shows me a grey screen with log information and this :sign that tells me to restart my computer after restarting my mac from the windows side. I have tried a few times to restart my computer and it gives me the same error. I also tried restarting my computer with windows by using the mac installation disk and then trying to open with mac again and it gives me the same error message. Any help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you able to boot to OS X? (reboot, holding down the Option key) If not, try booting with your original install DVD and run Disk Utility verify and repair.

The reboot message you're receiving is a kernel panic crash and will keep repeating until whatever is causing the crash is removed.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok, I'll check out your options and come back if they aren't working. If they do, thanks alot.

OP
B
Reaction score
I tried booting with mac os X, and it kept showing the message, and I tried verifying the disk and it said that there was nothing wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.