can't delete a certain email

Reaction score
I have one email that I cannot get to delete. I have tried to move it to the trash with no luck. When I hit the "delete" key I get the option to "undelete" but the email is still there, albeit with no body to the message.
Any help for a noob, I mean a new mac user?

OP
B
Reaction score
38 views and no one has any idea? It's really not a big deal, but very irritating. Throw out anything and I'll give it a try.

Reaction score
Perhaps you could reveal a little more information so someone might better be able to suggest something to you. Operating system version, mail account type (IMAP,POP,etc.), are you using Mail.app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Are you using an antivirus program that may think this mail contains a virus?

OP
B
Reaction score
I am using MAIL on safari. No antivirus software. I tried to make it junk and it will disappear for a instant, but when I go to my junk mail folder it's not there and it reappears in my inbox. I can try and delete the email, but it stays and my only option is "undelete. I can't drag it to the trash or anywhere else. I am very confused. I can't think of a better way to give a better description of my problem.

OP
B
Reaction score
Would this be a clue? There is an arrow to the left of the email. When I click on this arrow I get a pop up message that says "Mail was unable to find your response to the message “Order Update”. You may have deleted the message."

Reaction score
i believe the arrow to left of email is an indication that you responded or replied to the email. if you click on the arrow, it will show you the response email. guess in your case, perhaps you deleted the response email?

i tried to delete one of my emails similar to yours - when i dragged to trashcan on left pane, it showed 2 trashcans below it - 1 for each email address. i'm not that familiar with dragging to trash. i just hit the delete key instead of dragging. when i hit the delete key, it puts it in the trashcan on the left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I don't know if this will solve your problem but once in awhile I get a stubborn email that just won't delete. I highlight the email then I go up to edit and click on "cut" and that gets rid of it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.