shering files threw airport network

Reaction score
hi,
mac noobie here, need some help.
after i installed a router on my PC my IMAC's airport identify the network (the network name is "marko") and on my finder i had a computer icon on the top left which was named "marko" and threw it i was able to transffer files to my shered folder on my PC.
it all worked great untill yesterday. for some reasone the "marko" devise is not avilable on the finder and i cant transfer files any more, but the airport still identify the "marko" network and im connected to it.
i tried all i know to make it show up again, apperentle i dont know enough...

any one have a sollution for me?

thanks alot,

Marko

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have you tried Spotlight (the magnifying glass at the top right hand corner.)

OP
B
Reaction score
i just tried it.

it shows some files with a similar name but no network to be found...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
It may have something to do with your firewall (if it is on) or your sharing preferences.

OP
B
Reaction score
as i said before, im not much of a computer genius... how do i check if the firewall is interfering?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
Go to system preferences then go to sharing and it u should see a firewall tap it will tell you ther then in sharing ther will b option to enable different ways of sharing like files and printer make sure that file sharing is on

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.