Dead Keyboard...hopefully that's it?

Reaction score
I'm well aware of the spill thread and I've done what I can. My dog knocked my coffee over onto my MBP, but it only hit the left side of the keyboard.

BUT here is my question: After letting it dry out for a while, my aszx and capslock keys wouldn't work, and after further letting it dry upside, the half of the other keys went, too. So I have a replacement keyboard on the way. However, the keys that are working, when I press them at the login screen to enter my password, the computer makes that clunk error noise and doesn't type anything.

Is this just from the keyboard probably having sticky keys that are pressed that I am unaware of, or something more?

It boots up perfectly fine, and would login if I could only enter my password!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Remove the keyboard completely to let the inside dry out (if you already haven't). I imagine that the keyboard is the problem though. Fingers crossed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.