Any software for simple music editing?

W

winwingogo

Is there any "free" software for simple music editing for wave or mp3 format?
Is it easy to use Garage band to do so?

Reaction score
I don't think Garage band is used to edit mp3s or wave files, it is used to author new files.

OP
V

vtupser

Soundstudio is a good app. It gives you about 14 days to try it out, but there is a bug in it that makes it so it doesnt count the days you use it, if you know the bug.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

i would recomend audacity as david said above. The onlt thing is you cant export to mp3 you have to export to wave. becasue mp3 is copyrited and they would ahve to charge a fee and that would defeat the "freeware" part. but there are many aps toy converty. ( garage band, itunes ,,,etc)

OP
W

winwingogo

xthisisRomancex said:
i would recomend audacity as david said above. The onlt thing is you cant export to mp3 you have to export to wave. becasue mp3 is copyrited and they would ahve to charge a fee and that would defeat the "freeware" part. but there are many aps toy converty. ( garage band, itunes ,,,etc)

I downloaded Audacity as recommended. I also downloaded a mp3 plug-in as the web site suggested. That means I can export MP3 agter edited.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
garageband can be used for some audio editing, or if you have quicktime pro, its pretty good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.