sporadic no Sound coming from computer

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first posting on MacForums!! Here goes.
I have a MacBook Pro which increasingly sometimes doesn't produce any sound. I have been using it to make music with Pro-tools M powered and had been storing all my recorded Audio on the internal Hard-drive. Recently I found out this was not recommended so I bought a Seagate Desk for Mac and transferred all my audio files there. I thought this may be the problem and transferring would have solved it. I made several hassel-free recordings. Then the next day I started up the computer and no sound came from it. I noticed there was some clicking sounds coming from inside the computer also. If this measn my hard-drive is about to expire, can I still use the compter through the seagate?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Russell

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first posting on MacForums!! Here goes.
I have a MacBook Pro which increasingly sometimes doesn't produce any sound. I have been using it to make music with Pro-tools M powered and had been storing all my recorded Audio on the internal Hard-drive. Recently I found out this was not recommended so I bought a Seagate Desk for Mac and transferred all my audio files there. I thought this may be the problem and transferring would have solved it. I made several hassel-free recordings. Then the next day I started up the computer and no sound came from it. I noticed there was some clicking sounds coming from inside the computer also. If this measn my hard-drive is about to expire, can I still use the compter through the seagate?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Russell

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
*** Merged Cross Posted threads. Only one Thread per question please. Thanks. ***

Reaction score
Clicking sound in the hard drive could mean that it is about to die. I recommend backing up all your data to your seagate drive and then take the computer in for diagnosis, i also believe an application called onyx can diagnose your computer but i may be wrong on that...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.