Mail as Gmail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Hi all, new here
I think most people have a gmail or know how Gmail works.

I would like a Mail program - apple mail, thunderbird or what ever, that's works like Gmail when it comes to Reply to emails and they reply to etc. The way Gmail shows you the history of the mails are so good.

All orther mail programs I get confused but Gmail just make it very simpel to look at regarding reply emails.

Does any one know if this is possible to apple mail or thunderbird to work like that. Plugins or something?
So the mails that belongs together stays in the same box like gmail?

Thank you very much
best regards
MN

Reaction score
I've never heard of any stand-alone mail program that shows the entire thread (including text).

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
View -> Organize by Thread in Mail.

It kind of does what gmail does but it's just not as pretty and not as simple. T_T"

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
View -> Organize by Thread in Mail.

It kind of does what gmail does but it's just not as pretty and not as simple. T_T"

Hi
Organize by thread confuse me :Oops:
Gmail has made it so simpel an easy whay cant all the other do the same :Smirk:

Mn

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Google Mail is a WEB interface. Normal Email clients are going to be different than an interface in a Web Browser. I much prefer a client like Mail, but I will have to admit that Googles Mail interface is the nicest of the WEB Mail services I have ever used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.