format windows to mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
I have both an ipod nano and ipod touch both are formatted for itunes via windows and have only ever been connected to windows.

I was an old ibook user in the nineties but for some reason jumped ship to pc. My dilemma is I want a new MacBook and ditch the pc's eventually, what will happen when I plug my nano and touch into itunes on mac?

Will I have to reformat and start again or will I just carry on as normal?

As always thanks in advance for any help and thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
They will work just fine, the Mac will recognize the Windows format (FAT-32) on the iPods. When time comes to update the iPods though you will either have to do it on a PC or reformat for the Mac. The Mac iPod updaters will only update Mac formatted iPods. Yes, you will lose everything on them when you do so make sure it is all backed up.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
Do I just connect to the Mac and it automatically reformats or do I have to do it manually?

Then only use the Mac for anything ipod related?

Will I lose apps as well?

Reaction score
Hay

Well You need to worry about the update thing . .. that's gonna work fine over the mac as well .. if ur ipod has a very old version of the firmware only then u will lose all ur data other wise there wont be any issue regarding that.

Reaction score
yeah ur going to lose the apps if ur going to format it. .. and same goes if u install in any new apps. ..
bez its a single comp sync. ..
if just want to connect it and want to upload songs and videos or photos u just need to cancel the option that prompts and ask u to erase and sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm not sure you need to worry about formatting anyway, it's flash memory.. and it's not capable of being used in disk mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.