Software upgrade issue

Reaction score
some help please folks, here's the deal:

I have a G5 imac running 10.3.9... it recently turns out that my ipod will no longer function with the version of itunes that I have currently.. only the next version up (itunes 8) will not install on my OS. I could get the full version of the latest OS (10.5 I believe), but then my design software will no longer function (sadly CS1). my question is this... is there some way I can upgrade to, say 10.4.11, (this is what runs on my powerbook and my CS and ipod work just fine).. I cannot find any upgrades other than the very latest.. which will make my design software worthless... and honestly I can't afford to upgrade to CS 3 or 4.

any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can get copies of Tiger on places like ebay

You will need to get a retail version (black discs not grey), but expect to pay around $100

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks louishen.. looked on ebay, nothing right now, but I'll keep checking. If anyone happens to see one for sale elsewhere.. a heads up would be appreciated! thanks again for the fast response.. I KNOW I'll have to upgrade all the way eventually on all my software anyway.. just trying to hold it off as long as I can.

OP
A
Reaction score
SCRATCH that... I was searching too specific on ebay.. found several, much thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed on finding Tiger on EBay.

Also, what part of CS do you use for your work? I have 10.5.7 on my iMac G5 and all of CS I have used works here. I take it by CS1 you mean the first Adobe CS suite.

OP
A
Reaction score
dtravis- yes it's the first suite.. I was told that it was not compatible with the latest.. if that is incorrect, then all the better. also it was an installation from our work disks from my job (with permission of course) Will an installation of tiger overwrite the CS software?.. I don't work for that company anymore and the disks won't be available for re-installation

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.