Canon printer prints only half a page

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm using a fairly new Macbook (bought last August), running Leopard. I recently bought a second hand Canon BJC-250 printer to go with it. The connection is parallel but I have a USB adapter.

The printer doesn't come with mac drivers so I'm using the latest gutenprint one. Everything appears to talk to each other and work except that the printer will only print about half a page before pausing. The printer box on the computer says 'printer paused' and when I resume using the computer or the resume button on the machine it starts again but prints the top of the document again, albeit halfway down the original sheet of paper. The green light on the machine is also flashing. A bit of googling suggests the flashing green light means a cartridge problem, so I replaced the cartridge with a brand new genuine one and the problem is exactly the same.

I can't think of any other info to give you upfront, but feel free to ask any questions. I would be grateful for any help. I know it's a quite retro piece of kit but I have a box of about 20 cartridges to use with it so it makes sense for me to try and get it to work.

Cheers guys

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sounds like a bad or poor quality adapter to me, it's almost as if the buffer is too small or the adapter is not completely Mac friendly.

What model of adapter is it?

OP
J
Reaction score
model

Hey thanks for your reply.

The adapter does not have a model name (got it off ebay). It did come with a CD with a huge load of software, mostly for PCs witha few bits for mac but it wasn't very clear.

It's also worth noting that the printer will print a full page when I press buttons on the machine to get it to do a test page...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.