connecting logitech speakers to my mac

Reaction score
Connecting logitech speakers to a mac

i used to run these speakers thru my old laptop..which was a HP and they worked perfectly..good base and surround sound..but now that i hooked them up to my macbook..they suck..the sound comes out tinny and just really crappy. i looked in the sound preferences on this computer..but all i can do is move the sound from left to right. can anyone help me out please? is there something i need to buy? the plugs on the end of the logitech system are green black and peachy kinda. then it has a splitter box connected to it..which has a red and white port..then that just goes into the laptop thru the normal black av part of the cable..make sense?

OP
C
Reaction score
i used to run these speakers thru my old laptop..which was a HP and they worked perfectly..good base and surround sound..but now that i hooked them up to my macbook..they suck..the sound comes out tinny and just really crappy. i looked in the sound preferences on this computer..but all i can do is move the sound from left to right. can anyone help me out please? is there something i need to buy? the plugs on the end of the logitech system are green black and peachy kinda. then it has a splitter box connected to it..which has a red and white port..then that just goes into the laptop thru the normal black av part of the cable..make sense?

oops . sorry. my computer went all weird and it ended up posting this about 3 times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.