purchasing a used powerbook g4(aluminum)

Lkr

Reaction score
These go for relatively cheap on ebay(last generation as well) about $350 and under(USD). I am thinking of purchasing one for basic uses such as IMing, Office, watching movies on the go, and internet browsing. I am an intermediate OS X user with a ton of experience, but I haven't used it in a long time. I love the operating system, and with a 15" screen, I believe this is a much better buy than the eeePCs at this price with Linux or XP.
The majority of systems include 1GB ram and 80gb hard drives, but those aren't even a concern as I have ran OS X with 512MB ram with no problem in the past(although it was on a macbook with a core duo...). The hard drive is no problem as I have a 2TB network drive I can use. I would really like to make this purchase, I am just worried if something breaks I will have too many issues. Although the only thing I am really worried about is the battery breaking, I am hoping that can be replaced easily too.
I am just rambling now though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what is the processor speed of that G4, that is the only thing that would hinder the easy use of movies on hat system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch
^ Sure. 1.5GHz is as good as new. Its faster than those Atom CPUs that Netbooks use. ****, 1.5GHz G4 will pull through almost any task you throw at it.

Even I would love to buy one of those, I doubt you get them for 350$ so easily. At least refurb sellers dont give those kinda prices.

OP
L

Lkr

Reaction score
It might be because its on ebay as a used product and not a refurb seller. the only thing I'm not sure about is how people are saying their logic boards and stuff are dying on them. makes me kinda nervous as i can't get an APP or anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No worries with Logic board on one of these. I'm typing on one I bought from eBay a month ago right now. It's absolutely fine. It runs Leopard no problem and is fast enough for most video etc. I have been using Logic 7 no problem too.
I have 1.25 g of ram though which helps.
If you get one that cheap don't tell me, I paid £400 (with a spare battery and a case, and it's immaculate).
It's nearly as fast as my new iMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
powerbooks are not the ones you need to worry about the logic board it is ibook g4 i have seen many of them and only one was good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.