switched from iRiver to iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
I couldn't resist. I made the switch from my iRiver to an iPod. So far so good. I love it. I also bought an iSkin case and the Griffin Ear Jams.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
csuazo said:
I couldn't resist. I made the switch from my iRiver to an iPod. So far so good. I love it. I also bought an iSkin case and the Griffin Ear Jams.

you did the right thing an ipod is much more than an ordinary
mp3 player just look at the size of the community
remember to go to the lounge www.ipodlounge.com

kind regards :flower:

I

iDVFH.

you got the new green ipod mini? mines still being shipped..people are telling me its girly..is it? i hope not cause im sick of looking at my white 3G

Reaction score
It doesnèt look girly, i was going to buy one but when i saw the silver one, i wanted it. I saw a green one on display, and i would have to says its the 3rd best colour. Even though there are only 4 colours now. O well. It looks cool. And have fun with your new iPod by the way!

OP
csuazo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wanted the silver one too but decided to go with green when I realized that I wanted a green case for it anyway. I got the iSkin Wasabi color. As for the girly factor...isn't pink as girly as you can get? Green is not girly to me at all, green is trees, grass, mold, slime...that isn't very girly to me. I love it!!!

I

iDVFH.

This is completely off the subject but csuazo..does your Powerbook scratch easily?

C

cadsmn

I have a silver 4GB mini and I absolutely love it! My brother bought some crappy little usb mp3 player off of ebay. The thing holds like 15 songs and eats up batteries like crazy.

I

iDVFH.

Actually..the new ipod mini's come standard with USB now..I remember when I first got my iPod they forgot to add in that you had to buy the USB/Firewire cable..and if you didn't have the dock you had to buy that also to connect that wire..

OP
csuazo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DV'SiBOOKG4 said:
This is completely off the subject but csuazo..does your Powerbook scratch easily?

It has not scratched yet, on the top. On the bottom, that's another story, little scratches here and there, nothing major. My biggest peeve is fingerprints on the rest on either side of the mouse track pad. What can you do though, right? I am pretty careful with it though. When I transport it to school it is in a fleece lined case, and at home it sits in a shelf, on top of an iLap desk.

I

iDVFH.

Ohh alright cause even though I just bought this iBook in December I was thinking about getting a Powerbook..I can use that bad boy for school..don't know why I originally didnt buy the Powerbook..it's so much nicer and lighter..i might get the 15'' though because i want the backlit keyboard lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.25 Ghz, 40GB HD, 512MB Ram, 32MB video, 8X SuperDrive, 80GB external USB drive
Re:

csuazo said:

I've made the switch from pc to mac. I've been using the Mini for about 2weeks now and I'm loving it! I was however considering getting an iPod shuffle to go with. I have an iRiver 795T which is excellent. But I want something that works better with iTunes; and I like the autofill feature. I only use my mp3 player at work and is wanting something as small as the shuffle. Just looking for some advice. or am I being frivolous? :mac:

OP
csuazo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhyJay? said:
I've made the switch from pc to mac. I've been using the Mini for about 2weeks now and I'm loving it! I was however considering getting an iPod shuffle to go with. I have an iRiver 795T which is excellent. But I want something that works better with iTunes; and I like the autofill feature. I only use my mp3 player at work and is wanting something as small as the shuffle. Just looking for some advice. or am I being frivolous? :mac:

My iRiver is a 800 series, 256 mb. It was very functional. I never used it to capacity, and the batteries ran out about every two weeks. I paid 179 for it this summer. I used it with my PC, and it worked great, so I don't have any advice about crossplatform functionality. If you can afford the Shuffle, go for it. Would you still use your mini? I am not the right person to ask about fivolity though...see above statement about iRiver. : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.25 Ghz, 40GB HD, 512MB Ram, 32MB video, 8X SuperDrive, 80GB external USB drive
Re:

csuazo said:
Would you still use your mini? : )

I should have been more clear. I switch from a PC to the Mac Mini. I don't have an iPod Mini. :mac:

OP
csuazo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhyJay? said:
I should have been more clear. I switch from a PC to the Mac Mini. I don't have an iPod Mini. :mac:

Ah-ha! Sure, get a shuffle. If you only listen at work, then it should be a good investment. How much music do you listen to? Will the Shuffle hold enough songs to vary your music diet at work? If I were you, I would get a iPod mini, just to have the extra space in case you did decide to use it for more than work. Plus it's so cute and colorful. How do you like your mini? I am curious about them....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
csuazo said:
How do you like your mini? I am curious about them....
I really like my Mac Mini, so much, I'm selling my pc. Based on some reviews, the mini is not regarded as one's main computer, but it's enough for me. Part of the reason I went with the mini was because my computer needs have become simple. I don't do much gaming, and I no longer need to do any Windows programming (not since graduating from school in '03). So the mini is ideal for me. I went with the base model (1.25GHz, 256MB, 40GB HD), since then I've upgraded the RAM to 512. So far, I have no complaints about the computer or the OS. :bushman:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.