Vista won't initialize startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I just installed Vista x64 this morning onto a brand new Bootcamp partition, and everything was running fine until after it installed the updates it automatically downloaded and installed. I don't know if it's normal, but it took Vista about 5-10 mins just to get to the welcome screen, then it was immediately loaded. But then i restarted it, and i received an error message saying that Vista could not initialize startup, and for me to put the Vista disc in, and repair the installation. I tried that, and the disc had no such option for repair. So what happened to the installation?

This is the original message:
e8mh6q.jpg

And this is what i get when i try last known good config:
o1pq1.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try this Link for a repair install of Vista 64. I do not have experience with using this method but according to the forum posts it should work.

Let us know.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
Whoopsy - something drastic went wrong there!!

RESOLUTION: The Mac, as a fact, does not work well with 64-bit versions of Windows Vista. I'm running Vista, but I'm using the 32-bit version. When you go through the Boot Camp Assistant Installation for Vista or the first time, it specifies which Operating Systems are compatible, and also which "bit" versions. When I installed Vista I remember seeing "use only 32-bit versions of Windows" somewhere along the setup process before the setup started.

I think, unless I'm mistaken, that that's your problem.
The Mac will run 64-bit versions, but it does usually have trouble with them.

Anyhow, do what chscag said, and I'd like to see what happens in the end.

P.S. By the way, if I am right in saying only 32-bit versions should be used, I'd reccomend that you call Microsoft for them to perhaps exchange your purchase for a 32-bit version. Hopefully they will after all the explaining.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.