Printer Setup Utility

Reaction score
I Just installed OS 10.5.7. I also changed printers and when I tried to open the Printer Setup Utility it crashed. Where do I go from here? Any Thoughts?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did your new printer come with a disk for OS X? Drivers for OS X? What printer is it that you're trying to install?

I've updated to 10.5.7 and my printer setup from System Preferences, Print and Fax works OK.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Download the latest and correct drivers for your Leopard OS from the Printers Web Page and install in Sys Prefs as above. Disks that came with printer could have been sitting around for a while and not be fully up to date.

OP
K
Reaction score
The printer is not new. It is an Epson Stylus CX7800 that I've had for more than a year. it was a replacement for the same model that simply died one morning. I connected it today and encountered a communication error. When i tried to uninstall the driver per Epson's instructions the Printer Setup Utility would not start.

OP
K
Reaction score
I got the printer to work by deleting and adding in Print and Fax but Printer Setup utiity still crashes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.