Bootcamp won't create partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
As my title says, Bootcamp is having a problem creating a partition. First of all, it takes 3X as long just for it to try, then it comes up with this message:

99qkc5.jpg

So what could be the problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So what could be the problem?

Your hard drive is fragmented. Boot Camp needs enough contiguous space to create the new partition and move whatever data may be in the way. If it can't do that, the message you received will be displayed.

How to resolve it: Buy the following utility and use it: iDefrag $34.95.

Regards.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Funy thing is, i have idefrag already, and i used it, and this is when it started to give me the error.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Try creating a smaller Windows partition and see what happens. If you receive the same error, try again but with yet a smaller partition. Keep going until it finally works. You can always expand the Windows partition later on by using the free "Camp Tune" utility from Paragon.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.