Mac Mail Signature Issue

Reaction score
Presently I have 2 email addresses setup in Mac Mail, with signatures for both email addresses.

Email address [email protected] is my default address; [email protected] is my other address.

My problem currently lies whereby if someone sends me an email to [email protected] and I click reply, it sends from the [email protected] address, but it leaves the default email addresses signature in there and I have to change it manually by clicking the drop down box then clicking on the [email protected] option.

Is there a way that it changes to the signature related to that particular email address as it should do automatically?

(Mac Mail v 2.1.3 BTW)

Many thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Yes you need to change the settings. Open the mail app, click on mail in the Apple Menu, go to Preferences. Click on the Signatures tab. In the left column is you accounts, including one that has all Signatures. The middle column are you signatures. You can click the + to add signatures for different accounts. Select one of the accounts and add a signature. Or you can select All Signatures and then drag any of them to any account listed.

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi dakineyj

Thanks for the reply, but all that is already setup.

My problem lies wherby [email protected] is my default email address, linked with signature #1, but when someone sends me an email to [email protected] (Which isnt my default address), when I click "Reply", it leaves the default signature in there, and doesn't change it to signature #2, that is associated with that email address.

Reaction score
Hi dakineyj

Thanks for the reply, but all that is already setup.

My problem lies wherby [email protected] is my default email address, linked with signature #1, but when someone sends me an email to [email protected] (Which isnt my default address), when I click "Reply", it leaves the default signature in there, and doesn't change it to signature #2, that is associated with that email address.

This should send with the correct signature..

Picture 2.jpg

OP
L
Reaction score
Perfect!!! Many thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Seems to me if you have both addresses in your address book under your name then Mail puts a window in new messages and allows you to select which address you want to send from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Ignore that previous post - had forgotten how it was set up. If you go into Mail/Preferences/accounts/account information you can add both addresses or more there and that shows up with selector per this here

Reaction score
No signature option in preferences ????????

Dear Dakiney
I have no signature option coming up when I go into preferences. I used to have but its gone and I need to change signature on mac mail Any ideas ? Thanks Tam Oz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.