Apple tv with boxee have questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
I understand for the most part what boxee and hulu is.... I have a ATV with boxee on it does that mean it has hulu also?

Can someone explain briefly what this does for me?

Can I get for instance the new "lost" episodes and Prison break etc

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
I understand for the most part what boxee and hulu is.... I have a ATV with boxee on it does that mean it has hulu also?

Can someone explain briefly what this does for me?

Can I get for instance the new "lost" episodes and Prison break etc

Whats Xbmc?

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the navigation is on the ATV version of Boxee cause I don't have one (yet), but boxee on my macs you have to go to video, internet, and select hulu feeds. Then you can scroll through the shows.

XBMC is another media center app like boxee, but I have heard it isn't as good as boxee or plex, though I haven't personally tried it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Interesting thread. I ditched satellite TV last night (feels so good) and bought a Mac Mini. I had Boxee on my ATV, but it was sort of slow. I moved the ATV upstairs and bought the Mac Mini and use Boxee and Plex on it. The ATV is much faster on the 32" 720p TV (other is a 52" 1080p). Between the Mac Mini, the ATV, and OTA HD I think I will have enough to watch. Anyone else doing this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.