Prospective owner with serious question

C

connollyck

Hey Everyone,
Ive decided to go with a mac laptop. Hearing about this ibook screen bottom warpage really worries me--it was the reason i returned my dell inspiron 6000 last week. Has this problem been resolved? I really don't want to spend over a grand on something that has a cheapo looking defect--Conversely I don't want to spend 1500 on the powerbook. What's the verdict?
Thanks,
Chris

OP
M

Maxwell690

connollyck said:
Hey Everyone,
Ive decided to go with a mac laptop. Hearing about this ibook screen bottom warpage really worries me--it was the reason i returned my dell inspiron 6000 last week. Has this problem been resolved? I really don't want to spend over a grand on something that has a cheapo looking defect--Conversely I don't want to spend 1500 on the powerbook. What's the verdict?
Thanks,
Chris

Do you need a powerbook ? If the answer is no then forget about them, only buy what you need.

I had a similar dilema a couple of months ago when I was buying one.

You have two options:
1. Buy a 12 inch iBook, most people have no problems with them and if you were to have such problems they would be noticable pretty quickly and you could get Apple to fix it for free or give you a new one.

2. Though if you are really worried, get yourself a 14 inch iiBook, not heard anyone have any issues with screen warpage on these. You'll have a lovely shiny new mac and can play peacefully !

I went for the 14 inch and haven't looked back !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I have had my iBook 12" for about 4 or 5 months now, and haven't had any problems with mine. Everything still looks pertect. Most of the screen problems are with the older iBooks arent they? I love my 12", soo small I take it with me almost everywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I've had my 12" iBook for a couple of months and it shows no sign of the bending. My girlfriend's 14" iBook is almost a year old and shows a little bit of it.

In either case, I wouldn't let it stop you from buying one-- you'll be happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
is there a picture anywhere of screen warpage?

OP
J

JSchultz

fyrman22 said:
I have had my iBook 12" for about 4 or 5 months now, and haven't had any problems with mine. Everything still looks pertect. Most of the screen problems are with the older iBooks arent they? I love my 12", soo small I take it with me almost everywhere.

Actually, it seems quite a few of them are new or relatively new. Within the last year, perhaps early 2004?

OP
C

connollyck

well screw it. i bought a 12inch ibook with 512 ram, 60gig hd, bluetooth online today with my discount and a 30 dollar off coupon. we'll see. im excited.

Reaction score
Seeing that made me weary of buying one, but I don't really understand why this is a new problem. The only people that have the problem, have new iBooks. They haven't changed the overall case design, have they?

OP
C

connollyck

This is the promotional code MARBHLU2SJ
you get 30 bucks off any purchase over 300
apple sent me an email.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.