Airport Disappeared

Reaction score
I bought a brand new Macbook ($1299) 4 days ago from Best Buy. I installed some new updates right away but not the most recent update (I was planning to do that today).

As I was listening to a song on my iTunes, the macbook froze and I mean PC-style. The song kept skipping and the mouse cursor wouldn't move. I shut down and restarted the computer and noticed the internet wasn't working and that the menu was missing the airport button. I went into system preferences, network, and clicked the part so the airport button shows up. The button showed up but it said something like "no airport card". I went to utilities to run airport utility but it couldn't find the card.

Not knowing what to do, I did a complete erase and install but that didn't fix the problem. Not only does the airport button not show up in the menu, the airport doesn't even show up in Network.

Can someone tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it? The macbook is new and I haven't even taken it out of my room yet.

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Return the machine to Best Buy and ask for a replacement. Since it's new, it's still under warranty. My guess is the airport card (chipset) has failed.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.