SlingPlayer for iPhone Released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Can't believe no one has posted this yet.

Sling Media - SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone

Bad news is, it only works over WiFi (unless of course you have a JailBroken phone, you can download the hack that tricks the app into thinking you're on WiFi)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Ahhh Yeah! I picked it up last night. Tested it out a bit. Then today got it all working nicely over 3G. And the best part is I am using my 1st gen slingbox I picked up in July 2005. I was really upset about them saying that I would have to get a new slingbox for it to work with my iPhone.

OP
IanCT
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
And the best part is I am using my 1st gen slingbox I picked up in July 2005. I was really upset about them saying that I would have to get a new slingbox for it to work with my iPhone.

I remember reading that - during beta testing it was said that the player did work with the "legacy" Slings - looks like they kept that functionality in there due to irate customer feedback, perhaps? :D I have the slightly older Slingbox Pro so I was certain it would work, but now I wish I had the Pro-HD. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Yes, they say the older boxes will work but are not supported. So if you have any issues don't call them. So I probably won't be doing any future updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.