Canon Imageclass MF 5770 Drivers for Mac

Reaction score
Hello -- can anyone please help me locate any driver that will work on Mac OS X. We bought a network printer that works great with PC's but there are no drivers for Mac. There are other models like the MF6540 that does have printer drivers. -- We have an 3 other mac users and more coming to the office. :Grimmace: :Oops:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Try using an HP Color LaserJet 4500 driver. You won't have full control over special features, but it should print just fine as in my experience the big Canons are fine with PCL5c-based drivers

Reaction score
Try using an HP Color LaserJet 4500 driver. You won't have full control over special features, but it should print just fine as in my experience the big Canons are fine with PCL5c-based drivers

Hi, I have the same issue, but couldn't get the HP driver listed above to work at all. The printer is attached to the network and is assigned an IP address. I have no problem using this as a network printer for various PC's on the network, including wireless.

On the mac, I added a LPD printer (The MF 5770 supports LPD printing), set the correct IP address, and picked the current driver (not Gutenprint version) for the HP color laserjet 4500.

If anyone has gotten this to work, perhaps they can let me know what I've done wrong or failed to do. Thanks very much!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Try the Gutenprint version.

Reaction score
Try the Gutenprint version.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I tried the Gutenprint version too. Also the generic laser PCL driver. All no good.

I don't care about getting the scanner to work, etc. I just would like to get some basic printer functionality out of it. I've looked at many other forums, and this is the only one that pointed to a workaround, but perhaps it's a dead-end as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.