Macbook slow

Reaction score
I have a normal Macbook (the white one - so I so clueless I don't even know if there is a model name or whatever but for some reason 10.3 rang a bell). But, anyway - recently it began running soooooooooooooooo slow, seriously. Like the little rainbow wheel will spin and spin forever and ever and the computer has frozen a coulple of times.

In all honesty, I do not do anything scandalous online, and I might be misguided - but someone told me macs do not get viruses.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what might be wrong and any potential at home fixes? I really don't want to go into the Mac store and pay a fortune.

So grateful for any advice - thank you!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Let's clean up your Mac first. Download OnyX and run some of the maintenance in there, particularly under the cleaning tab. Although nothing should go wrong afterwords, I recommend backing up beforehand (just in case). You shouldn't have to backup but better safe than sorry.

Reaction score
thank you!

I have a few macbooks. I usually use my macbook pro but it crashed today so i'm using my regular white macbook (2006) and it is SO slow. I just did the Onyx clean up and it is a 1000 times faster! Thanks so much for that info. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Ragel select apple icon top left menu bar and then select About This Mac - that has all the basic info about your MacBook right there

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.