Airport express or mac problems?

Reaction score
Hey :)

I have an airport express haven't used it in 3 month, but I've just moved and would really like to use it!

The only problem is that my Mac Book can't find the device. I have tryed to reset the Airport express but still nothing hmmm.

I should also mention that my iPhone picks up the device :Confused:

I really hope that someone can help me!!!

Smiles from iFrederik :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
Hey :)

I have an airport express haven't used it in 3 month, but I've just moved and would really like to use it!

The only problem is that my Mac Book can't find the device. I have tryed to reset the Airport express but still nothing hmmm.

I should also mention that my iPhone picks up the device :Confused:

I really hope that someone can help me!!!

Smiles from iFrederik :)

When you say reset how did you go about that? I know a dumb question but does the macbook have an airport card? You can check this in system profiler found, go/utilities. If you do then try this method for express, this will reset all to factory default. This will be easier done if airport is plugged in to power strip. There is a small reset button located on the port side of the expres, turn power strip off or unplug from wall, restart all computers that will be connected to the wireless network, press in the small button on the express with a pen, flip power strip on or plug in while holding this button in and wait for the light to flash, once it does release the reset button the express will boot up and in a few short moments the signal should be back up. Next if each computer did not connect, click the airport signal on your menu bar and select the available network it should be named apple network with 6 digits behind it. If still does not work with macbook, or prior did not show an airport card and you are certain it does, it may have been jarred loose during your move. Unfortunately the card will be tough to access due to being inside the machine so if you are feeling courageous and need instructions try ifixit.com or a proffesional.

OP
ifrederik
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer!

However it didn't do me much good. I was wondering if you can reset the airport card on my mac ?

I mean, I can find other networks with my mac, just not my own :Shouting:

I was thinking of reinstalling the leopard software on my mac, but I don't know if that will make any difference?

Anyway thanks for the reply! :Smirk:

iFrederik

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
However it didn't do me much good. I was wondering if you can reset the airport card on my mac ?

I mean, I can find other networks with my mac, just not my own :Shouting:

I was thinking of reinstalling the leopard software on my mac, but I don't know if that will make any difference?

Anyway thanks for the reply! :Smirk:

iFrederik

One more thing, in system preff open network and choose assist me and choose connect to the internet by airport choose update and this should bring you online. Make sure your internet browser is off, allow the connection to be established and open your browser you should be up. Most important if you do not see the same network connection as in the airport drop down of the other computers, then there is a problem with your airport card in the macbook. There is no reset that I know of and reinstalling the os wont do anything.

Reaction score
Plug in your express and run airport utility. I had to rescan a two or three times, but it found my express.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.