bluetooth question

U

UnderOath

hey guys..

as you might know.. i have a 14" iBook G4.. 1.33, airport extreme, 768RAM, 60gb hd, all that..

BUT (and i know this is going to sound really stupid) do i have bluetooth capabilities? I dont currenty own something that i'd be able to test it on, so that's why im asking here -- is there a way to find out?

Sorry, im a complete newb to macs and bluetooth

Regards,
-Marko

OP
M

meltbanana314

Bluetooth is *not* standard on iBooks. Unless you paid for a Bluetooth card as a build-to-order option, you don't have it.

OP
U

UnderOath

meltbanana314 said:
Bluetooth is *not* standard on iBooks. Unless you paid for a Bluetooth card as a build-to-order option, you don't have it.
the iBook was a gift... so is there a way to find out whether i do or not.. i wouldnt know if they checked that in the options or not.. :(

OP
N

nbn22385

Look in System Profiler>Hardware>USB and see if Bluetooth is listed anywhere.

OP
U

UnderOath

nbn22385 said:
Look in System Profiler>Hardware>USB and see if Bluetooth is listed anywhere.
dude.. that you from jdmu? nbn22385? lol i think you stalk me ;)

-JDMARKO

and no, bluetooth isnt listed.. so guess i dont have it.. dammit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well you can always get a USB dongle, not quite as handy, but if you only need to sync a phone it'll work...

I think the DLink ones are the recommended model for best compatibility.

You could also try the mod that uses one of your ports to connect a usb dongle inside the iBooks case, but that is not something for the faint hearted! (OPening case, soldering wires to mainboard etc.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.