Upgrade to 4gb Memory Unibody - What memory?

Reaction score
Hi,

Iam going to upgrade my Macbook Unibody 13" (2008 edition) from 2gb of ram to 4gb of ram.

First question. The Macbook only have two memory slots, right? So the 2*1gb of ram that's in my computer right now is filling up every slot? I.e. i have to buy 2*2gb of ram now and exchange the old ram modules?

Second question. The supported ram is 204-pins memory modules? And is OS X able to use 4gb of ram (64-bits OS)?

Iam thinking on buying these ram modules (Swedish site, but should be ok to read anyway):

Komplett.se - Corsair MAC-Memory 1066MHz DDR3 4GB KIT

Edit: I found out that there also were a cheap pair of "unbuffered" ram modules exactly like those I show above. Do i need buffered ram? I use VMware fusion quite much, as well as quite resource heavy applications (Netbeans, Glassfish etc.):

Komplett.se - Corsair Value DDR3 SO-DIMM 1066MHz 2GB

Any help is very much appriciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That is correct, there are two slots in your Macbook and both are currently occupied, so you will need to buy two 2GB sticks to get to 4GB. Leopard is a 64-bit OS, so yes, you will be able to access all 4GB. Yes, it is 204 pins, and no, you do not need buffered memory.

The memory you linked to will work just fine in your Macbook. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.