Will MA254LL logic board fit into a MA700LL case?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've never owned a mac before, but a friend of mine managed to spill whiskey all over his macbook, shortening it's lifespan significantly. Being that I'm a bit of a pc junkie, I bought the thing off of him for 50 bucks and decided to learn a thing or two about apple's product. I have another friend who has a new (still sealed in the bag) MA254LL logic board from apple he no longer needed. The MA254LL houses the 1.83ghz core duo processor. The macbook I bought from my friend has the MA700LL logic board with a core 2 duo at 2.0ghz. Being as I won't get the board for a few days, will it even fit inside the case?

Thanks for the help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Whether or not it fits in the case won't matter. The board will not work in the MacBook you purchased. You'll need an exact replacement logic board - which by the way is not going to be inexpensive. :(

You can check here for the price of a logic board plus instructions on how to swap it out: iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories

However.... a whiskey spill on the machine may have damaged more than just the logic board. Changing out the logic board may lead you to discover even more troubles. Not sure if the machine is even worth fooling with, but that's your decision.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.