Bluetooth Vista on Mac C902 Sony

Reaction score
I have just purchased a new iMac 24". I have installed Vista - all working perfectly.

I cant send/recieve files to/by my phone - Sony Ericcson C902.

My bluetooth keyboard/mose are working fine. I have insatalled the updated phone drivers to OSX.

Part of the reason for the upgrade was to have bluetooth - please help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm a bit confused here.... Are you saying that you can't pair your Sony Ericcson phone via blue tooth while running Vista? OS X? Which one? You mentioned that you installed the latest phone drivers to OS X so I'm assuming you downloaded the OS X software for the phone from the Sony site. How about the Windows software, did you install that to Vista?

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
I can 'add to my devices' on both OS X and vista so they appear to 'read' each other. Updated software downloaded to both OS X and Vista for the phone.

The phone is showing on the iMAC and the iMAC is in 'my devices on the phone also.

Sending an item either way via bluetooth just always fails and says cant find device....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like a pairing problem. Try pairing the phone again and go through the setup once more. See if this Apple KB article helps: Link

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
My phone is paired (done this several times) in vista....do I need to also pair it in OS X?

OP
F
Reaction score
Just deleted from OSX and re added - all working fine.

I boot up in Vista, deleted the device and re-paired.

As always it says 'windows needs to install driver software' I have installed the disk a PC suite with updates but still no joy ;(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you got it working in OS X. Getting it to work from the Windows side certainly should not be that hard as most manufacturers put emphasis on getting their device to work in Windows.

Are you having problems with other blue tooth devices from the Windows side. Keyboard? Mouse?

I checked the Sony site for the PC Suite, (assuming you have downloaded and installed the latest) and it appears it should work as advertised. Link

I don't think it's the Sony software which is at fault but rather blue tooth itself. What I suggest you try - is download and install the Boot Camp 2.1 update from Apple. This is a Windows executable and must be run from Vista. It does include updated drivers and might address the blue tooth problem in Windows. The Apple article has it labeled as Boot Camp 2.1 for XP but it is in fact also for Vista and contains updated drivers for Vista.

Link

Post back with results.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks - the iMac is only 5 days old.. I am installing the apple update as we speak....I'll keep you posted.

The PC Suite was downloaded from Sony a few days ago including the update service so should be bang up to date.

Keyboard and mouse are working fine via bluetooth.

Strangely my phone connects (now and then) to PC suite via bluetooth then just cuts off..

My boot camp is 2.1 so is the update still needed?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you already have Boot Camp 2.1 installed, no need to download and install it again. Apple has not updated its drivers for blue tooth since BC 2.1 as far as I know. What you might try is see if there are newer blue tooth drivers available from another source.

Open Device Manager in Vista and click on update driver for blue tooth. Let Vista go on line and see if it can find a newer driver. If none exists, your only other recourse is to contact Sony. But I can tell you from experience with Sony... lots of luck! :(

I also own an Ericcson (different model) and haven't really tried to get it to work with either OS X or Windows XP.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks again,

Just double checked and bluetooth drivers are up to date.

I have phoned Apple, Sony and Windows all with no joy (sony being the most unhelpful!!).

In theory as some items are working on bluetooth would a different phone work? That said my wifes SE does'nt either (brand new model)...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks again,

Just double checked and bluetooth drivers are up to date.

I have phoned Apple, Sony and Windows all with no joy (sony being the most unhelpful!!).

In theory as some items are working on bluetooth would a different phone work? That said my wifes SE does'nt either (brand new model)...

I knew Sony would not be much help. Their tech support is usually pretty dismal. :( Getting another phone model to work with blue tooth will depend on the phone. My experience has been this:

Motorola phones are generally very easy to setup and get working plus their support is pretty good. I don't really have knowledge of other phones other than the ones I've owned. My Sony Ericcson TM 506 has been a big disappointment and I no longer use it. I'm back on an older Motorola phone.
(My wife would never give up her Motorola Razor- even though it's several years old. :) )

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.