What motivates people to buy an IPOD?

F

feeney43

What is the number one reason that you bought your IPOD? why is it better than other MP3 players? what is so special about the IPOD community? What Motivates people to buy an IPOD????

OP
K

kingcrowing2

everything, interface is awesome, seamless interface with BOTH Mac and PC, everyone loves apple (excpt hardcore PC people) and maybe there not ready to that the apple PC plunge, but an MP3 player thats compatiable with win XP isn't too much of a plunge. The scrool wheel is insane-o, greak battery life on the new generations, and the style, those were all my reasons, and also the fact that, now a days for the amount of storage you get its a decent deal, if your thinkin about an MP3 player, go for an ipod

OP
I

iDVFH.

When I first seen the iPod I thought it was such a cool MP3 player. I got it before many people (well here on Staten Island)..the commercials caught my eye first and then the music they played on the commercials..so I decided to check it out..and I loved it..the iPod is Apple's most single handedly smartest invention..cause not only did I buy the iPod about 8 months later I bought my first Mac this iBook all because of it..and many people did the same.. (=

OP
M

meltbanana314

First of all, not to be pedantic - but it's "iPod" and not "IPOD"

Secondly, I bought it because it's the best all around MP3 player on the market. It may not have the highest capacity, or the latest and greatest bells/whistles/extraneous features but it's compact, easy to use, and it 'just works' when compared to the other MP3 players I've tried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Maybe he was yelling iPod.. so IPOOOOOOOOOD! Wahoo! WAHOOO! :) Sorry get a little carried away yelling once in awhile :)

Hmm.. I wanted my iPod because of it being a portable hard drive and yet it has a great reason to carry it around... play music. Since it was for my business the iPod works great for that and I get a bonus of a music player.. It is definitely the easiest to use and since Im a Mac user it integrates the best with the platform that I have.

OP
E

EvoMac

For me first off, it is the nicest looking mp3 player by far. I know people that have the Dell Jukebox and their "scrolling object" protrudes from the device and is much heavier / thicker. The iPod is very clean looking (especially since I keep it in a clear iSkin). Battery life is very good and the click wheel works perfectly.

Plus iTunes is a much better interface / program then others such as MusicMatch Jukebox... and that is for mac / pc as well.

I loved the iPod so much, that is what sparked my interest in getting my first mac (mac mini)... now I want to get a PowerMac and break all ties to PC's at home (keep in mind I am a IT professional). Amazing what that little device can do to someone... plus its my lifeline.. at home - in the car - at work I listen to this thing all day.

OP
P

punjab

It is the best looking, it has a lot of space, can be used as an external hard drive, has a great reputation, has good battery life, and is really popular around the world!

OP
J

Jefe3223

It was cheap and high quality. I got mine w/ my ibook, so the price was DRASTICALLY lower and they're nice.

OP
M

Mothgirl

Well, Mostly because I got it free and I'm a mac fanatic. But now that I Have it, iLOVE iT.

I'm still learning about how to manipulate it though. I mostly wanted the iPod for Work. I cover the northernmost 7 counties of Rural Nevada and often have to drive 6 hours a day to see clients in our state vehicle. the thing is, usually 5 of those 6 hours is in an area where there is NO radio reception at all, and the state vehicles only have AM/FM radios. So it can be hard to stay awake. But I got the Monster iCar Play adapter for the iPod (20 Gig) and it works really well- i can play it in my own vehicle or the state vehicle, and just plug the iPod into my computer speakers at work to play it without having to install any software on the state computer. Also, I like to take walks on my breaks with it with no skips or anything.

I did spring for some better headphones though- Koss UR40's VERY nice and lightweight, foldable, but still a little much to drag around. I think I'm going to make a carry pouch from the T-shirt the free company sent me. Really good for the $40 investment.

Does anyone know how to synch outlook information with iPod's calendar function?

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Got my silver 4GB iPod Mini today. Decided it was time to get one because the SonicStage software for Sony MD players really got on my nerves. Transfering music to my iPod is so much easier! Also, the storage space is pretty useful to, although not for long-term backup.

OP
H

hmmmnz

i think they suck, mine died, its been nothing but problems, it wont upload music like my cheap 10gig mp3 player, you have to use itunes, you cant use it between macs and pc,
on the plus side the interface is good, it has a massive amount of accesories, and pop culture loves them, me im fed up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
The reasons I bought my 20gb 4G iPod...

a. It is the best mp3 player IMO.
b. It is easy to use, and has good construction.
c. Apple is the most reliable mp3 player company IMO.
d. I love iTunes, so direct compatibility with iTunes was a huge bonus for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.