CAD software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Looking for a CAD software that has plugins or the ability for Mechanical and Electrical on top of the standard 3d scale image drawings. Mac or PC doesn't matter to me, this would be an investment between me and my friend. Two main uses for our guitar building and we plan to build a small wind turbine for a scholarship program. We have built a small solar panel as well but looking for a step up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 12" 1.5 GHz Processor, 160 GB HD
AutoCAD seconded. I don't know if Google SketchUp has any support for M/E/P design, but since it's free it's probably worth checking out. Also, if it's for a scholarship program, you could call an M/E/P engineer in your area and I am sure they would point you to something, if not offer a copy and some help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17
You might also check out Microstation from Bentley who have a lot of plugins/Apps sitting over the basic and this would include M&E. While ACAD and McStn license are obscenely expensive, Bentlely do issue Student licenses for excellent markets - get your school to buy for you. It can also read and write ACAD files natively (ie - no save as etc etc) Will be PC, but also runs under VM on mac quite happily. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17
Sketchup has no specific M&E support -its primarily about modelling and rendering. Great programme though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.