Battery load cycles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.1 GHz
My Macbook is almost 8 months old - has 193 battery load cycles and is at 94% capacity.

Coconut Battery tells me my current capacity is 4758 mAh, and the original capacity was 5020 mAh.

Should I be worried?
I only calibrated the battery a few days ago, the capacity went up to 96% but now it's back at 94%.
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2,4/2GB/250GB
seems about right to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Apple classes a battery as consumed after 300 cycles, it will slowly lose capacity. On the other hand I've seen some batteries at 400/500 cycles still working reasonably well.

Reaction score
sounds normal to me. Treat your battery well and it will thank you later.

19 month old macbook with 504 loadcycles and 91% health here– though it did fluctuate down to 74% a few weeks ago. I keep it plugged in most of the time, and when I do run it from the battery, I try to plug it back in way before it's empty - though it does end up getting completely drained now and then.
I try to leave it at around 50% charge when i'm not going to be using it for a few days.. though to be honest I can't even remember the last day I went without using it...

I wish there was a little menu bar app or something that would keep track of your battery and tell you what you should do next.. reminding you to re-calibrate or scolding you if you drained the battery and stored it that way while you were on vacation - that's a battery killer right there, as far as I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
But you should know about this here if you want the best out of your battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.