wifi connection problem

Fal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8gb iPhone, MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm
I am a student and in my dorm, just on my floor, for some reason there is a problem with the wifi. You could have a really fast connection or no connection at all, it depends on the computer. My neighbor cant connect to the wifi network on our floor but everywhere else in the school she has a fast connection. A friend of mine who has a macbook pro just like mine can download at the same speed in the dorm as anywhere else on campus. It is not the signal strength we all have good signal. What happens for me (and this is most people on the floor) is it go then stop. When i try to watch a youtube video it will load first first 10 seconds then sit there for a minute then load 2 more seconds then sit then 30 seconds. It doesnt make any sense and i dont understand what could be causing it. My school uses a proxy server but the setting are the same everywhere on campus. Is there something i can do to make my connection faster?

ps my dorm does not have a place for me to plug in the wall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Does it ever just work or does it always just start then stop?

OP
F

Fal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8gb iPhone, MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm
It never just works. it wont load a single page without stopping once. But that is just the dorm, every where else it works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Get with the friend with the MacBookPro get them side by side and on line and go thru all the settings in Sys Prefs/Network to see if there is any glaring differences with your Macbook, have a look at TCP/IP and DNS settings

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.