Password Reset Requests from various sites

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Lately I've been annoyed by getting these email's in my inbox. For months now, occasionally an mail comes in saying to reset my Apple password. I know how these things work and from the first time, I knew it was an intruder trying to reset my accounts password. So, I let it be and left it.

From then, I got an email almost every week request to click the link to reset my Apple password. What made me start this thread is that now, I'm getting requests like these from Google and other sites, my username is registered too, as well asking me to reset my password.

For the record, I've got emails from Apple 22 times. I know for sure it's somebody trying there luck to get my password. I'm just asking if there are any suggestions for this situation.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, I hope you do not click on any of those links and you either just delete them and/or report them as spam to your ISP.

Don't believe I've ever seen a legitimate e-mail requesting a password reset.
75-80% of the ones I get are with companies/sites that I do not even have accounts with.
They're all bogus.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.