Spaces keeps crashing my Mac Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Hi Guys - wasn't sure where to put this.

My computer is crashing around 4 to 5 times a day now with spaces and finder crashes 10 times +

I think its something to do with the graphic card but cannot be certain, i will put the mouse cursor to bottom left to reveal the spaces and it will just freeze going into the four screen mode or once in the four screen mode. Also, i have assigned word for example to space 3 but it keeps jumping into space 1 and 2 at random intervals - very annoying.

Anyway I can re set spaces?

The reason I think its the graphics card is that whilst playing COD4 recently the graphics have been poor, its been very laggy and it crashed twice on me.

Anyway of testing the gfx card?

Thanks guys

Joe

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
OS X is now crashing when playing any game with real-time animation, it always crashes on the shut down screen - I am left with my desktop picture and nothing.

Would this suggest its the gfx card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB Hard Drive, Mac OS X 10.5.6
I have no idea but i know hat with word my will sometimes randomly change to a different space when you click to select to document....

Tyler

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The constant crashing stopped for a little while but now it is back, however I dont think this is gfx related now.

For example I could try and open an album in iPhoto, the wheel would spin and then nothing. I still have full control of the mouse but I cant click anything. I tried using keyboard shortcuts but again - nothing.

All seems very strange. Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.