Macbook power cord problem

Reaction score
My power chord is broke. The end of it with the light it cam sort of off of the chord but the middle wire is still connected but it wont charge anymore, and it used to if i push really hard on it.

but i was wondering if i could fix it my self if I cut the wire maybe a cm but leave some of the metal wire out so if i push it in would it charge? and could I use epoxy glue to fix it?

Please help because I can't afford one right now..

Reaction score
How did it break? Did you break it, or would you possibly have grounds for calling Tech Support and asking for a new one?

Reaction score
After buying two cords myself due to problems, I understand why you don't want to buy a new cord. It cost me 140 bucks just for a cord, what a ripoff. If I was technologically minded, I would go ahead and try to fix it.

Reaction score
After buying two cords myself due to problems, I understand why you don't want to buy a new cord. It cost me 140 bucks just for a cord, what a ripoff. If I was technologically minded, I would go ahead and try to fix it.

$140? Are you in the US? They're $80 US these days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.