Another switcher

M

möbius

So, I have grown up with computers, and have used Windows as my primary OS for years, since 3.1. My major in school is computer networking, so I am on computers all the time. Because of some of the things that I do, it made a lot of sense for me to buy a laptop. When I told this to a friend of mine, he let me know he had one for sale, so I bought it. It is an iBook G3 800. It smokes the desktop I used to have at home (athlon xp 2500+). Everything it does, it just does so well. I have since fallen in love with OS X. It does what it is supposed to do, and has everything I could need pretty much built in with it. If linux would have had the compatability I needed, I would have gone that way, because I love the command line interface. The terminal is one of the greatest parts of OS X. It is a BSD core, with a killer OS built around it.

I don't see myself switching back, ever, like I see some posts on here about. So, thats my story, hope you find it stimulating and invigorating, because that is how my new mac made me feel :).

--jeff

OP
T

Thud

möbius said:
So, I have grown up with computers, and have used Windows as my primary OS for years, since 3.1. My major in school is computer networking, so I am on computers all the time. Because of some of the things that I do, it made a lot of sense for me to buy a laptop. When I told this to a friend of mine, he let me know he had one for sale, so I bought it. It is an iBook G3 800. It smokes the desktop I used to have at home (athlon xp 2500+). Everything it does, it just does so well. I have since fallen in love with OS X. It does what it is supposed to do, and has everything I could need pretty much built in with it. If linux would have had the compatability I needed, I would have gone that way, because I love the command line interface. The terminal is one of the greatest parts of OS X. It is a BSD core, with a killer OS built around it.

I don't see myself switching back, ever, like I see some posts on here about. So, thats my story, hope you find it stimulating and invigorating, because that is how my new mac made me feel :).

--jeff

Glad you like it... although I have serious doubts that a G3 notebook actually "smokes" an AthlonXP 2500+ desktop

OP
J

jessica

That depends on how you view "smoke." My pbook 1.67 smokes my desktop so far, but I have yet to run photoshop in the same capacity that I run it on my desktop pc. By smoke if you mean your g3 does what it should do unlike a good part of windows, then yes the g3 will smoke the athlonxp.
I am glad you like your g3. I love this pbook, the only question I have is why I waited 27 years to switch.

Reaction score
Cool, that's a really nice story. Glad you have gone Mac. Windows sucks !!!

OP
M

möbius

It smokes my desktop in the fact that everything opens quickly, everything is snappy, and it isn't broken all the time. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.