Mini (early 09) Memory and internal disk DIY replacement parts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 13" 2Ghz C2D, 4GB, WD Black 320GB, 9400M - iMac 20" 2.4GHz C2D, 4GB, 250GB, HD2400XT, iPhone 3G
Hello,

Just one question:
Is the Memory and the internal disks DIY parts in the current MacMini (early '09)?
I would rather upgrade those parts myself to save some money. This system would be for my dad and I don't want to sacrifice the warranty.

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by internal disk(s), but the hard drive and ram are user replaceable. The optical drive probably is, but that is a bit more involved. Google for a fixit site and you'll find out for yourself just how much you can replace.

OP
Night81nrw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 13" 2Ghz C2D, 4GB, WD Black 320GB, 9400M - iMac 20" 2.4GHz C2D, 4GB, 250GB, HD2400XT, iPhone 3G
I don't know what you mean by internal disk(s), but the hard drive and ram are user replaceable. The optical drive probably is, but that is a bit more involved. Google for a fixit site and you'll find out for yourself just how much you can replace.

Yeas, I mean the internal hard drive and I mean the Memory modules (RAM).
I did google for those but every fixit site was related to the "older" Mac Mini and all mentioned that the warranty voids after opening it.
Maybe Apple changed the design or the DIY policy at the newer Mac Mini. That's I wanna know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.