How to force a program to run at startup?

Reaction score
I downloaded gMail notifier for the Mac, and I want it to automatically start every time I boot the computer. How do I get that to happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
SYSTEM PREFERENCES > ACCOUNTS >LOGIN ITEMS > + and then add the app you desire to start.

You can also drag the app into that window as well.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you are talking about Google's notifier, there is a checkbox in the preferences to start at login (under Account). If you are talking about Gmail Notifr, there is also a checkbox in the preferences to start at login (under Settings).

OP
T
Reaction score
If you are talking about Google's notifier, there is a checkbox in the preferences to start at login (under Account). If you are talking about Gmail Notifr, there is also a checkbox in the preferences to start at login (under Settings).

Thanks - yes, I'm using the Gmail notifier for OSX. The problem is, for some reason, it doesn't start up even though I checked the box, plus it forgets my username/login every single time even though I chose to store it in the keyring, etc. I'm not sure why this is occurring. When I first installed the notifier, it refused to work for a few days (it kept telling me my user/pass was wrong, not matter how many times I checked and double checked to make sure I typed it correctly). Then one day, it just started working, but it won't remember the login.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This may be a bit of a silly question, but why not just set up GMail in Mail and have it pull it all for you? I've had mine set this way for years now and I can receive and send e-mail from my GMail account directly from Mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Or if you dont want to do that use the gotMailG widget which when clicked on opens gmail in safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I would just have Mail handle your Gmail account, then have Mail startup at login.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.