renaming docs

Reaction score
Occasionally I'll have a problem renaming docs. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it right now. But I will select the doc from the list, and then either select it again, or hit enter. Both actions result in the document name being highlighted, ready for editing. And they are both working fine right now.

But sometimes, I'll start typing the new name, and it won't let me finish. The partially renamed doc will then jump to another place in my list, since I sort by name. Does anyone what I'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
i found this to be an issue as well sometimes. there is nothing wrong with your mac because it happens on all of mine occasionally. not sure why.

maybe not the answer you were looking for but at least you know your not alone ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have had the same problem and when i do i just select info and change it there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.