Whats it worth: Unibody MacBook 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, A lot of accessories

Reaction score
This time around I am selling for a bud. I have never sold one that has been upgraded but this one is upgraded and got a ALOT of Accessories, so I have no idea where to begin on price. I would also apperciate if you could give me a craigslist asking price and eBay asking price As I know eBay is typically more.

He bought this 2.0GHz, 2GB Of Ram,160GB HDD on Dec 7, 2008. Brand new from Apple Store. He within a week put 4GB of Ram, and a Seagate 320GB 7,200rpm HDD. He is including all box and accessories included and Bluetooth Apple Mighty Mouse,Targus Backpack, Speck Satin Case, Neoprene Case by Built,Parallels 4.0 software with CD, activation code and box, Western Digital External 250GB HDD,VGA Adapter. He also has Sealed Applecare so if someone can give me a price with Applecare and another without Applecare(He can sell it on eBay bc its sealed if it doesn't add more value). He is going to also install Office 08 and iWork 09 and iLife 09 but not including CD bc it is a Family Pack software.
It is in great condition I can not virtually see one scratch. It has been in a case since day one.

Rightnow you could buy this for:
Apple Macbook 2.0Ghz,2GB of Ram, 160GB refurb(even though he bought new) -$1100
4GB of Ram-$85
320GB HDD- $130
250GB External HDD-$125
Targus Backpack-$60
Speck case-$50
Neoprene case/sleeve-$50
Parallels 4.0-$70
Bluetooth Mighty Mouse-$70
VGA Adpater-$30
SEALED Applecare- $250

Without Applecare total =$1,770 with warranty till Dec 7, 2009
With Applecare total was =$2,020 with warranty til Dec 7,2011

What could I sell it for

W/ Applecare eBay=?
W/O Applecare eBay=?

W/ Applecare Craigslist =?
W/O Applecare Craigslist=?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
As far as this
He is going to also install Office 08 and iWork 09 and iLife 09 but not including CD bc it is a Family Pack software.
... if he's not including the discs, there is no point in including or installing the software.

And this
250GB External HDD-$125
... you can get a one terabyte drive for less than $100... so that figure is waaayy too high.

Basically, it really doesn't matter what accessories go with it or how much he paid for them when they were new... it also makes no difference how long ago he purchased them, they simply don't hold their value after purchase.
He might be able to command an additional $150 for ALL of those accessories... maybe.

As far as the computer itself, you can find the fair value of the machine here:

Mac2Sell - Guide to used Mac & iPod - Evaluation - Argus Mac, iPod, iPhone Occasion

It doesn't really matter where you sell, the price would be the same.

OP
J
Reaction score
Okay my bad. I was saying he would install the to where people could back then up and rstore then put them back on there. The acc I think would be worth more than $150 but hey maybe I am wrong. I see similar computer go on eBay for 1,300-1,400 so with apple care maybe $1500?

Reaction score
The best thing to do is maybe just part it out. He will likely end up with more as it might be hard to find a buyer who want everything listed. Heck I would be interested in the HDD with a swap for my stock 250 and some cash.

OP
J
Reaction score
Value of Unibody Macbook 2.0/4GB/320

I have decided to get a MBP, and I asked the value of this computer on Macrumors which got deleted somehow... I know of Mac2Sell.net but those prices are not going to resemble the price drop to the "new" 13" MBP. I have a 2.0Ghz Unibody that I upgraded to 4GB of RAM, and a 320GB 7,200 RPM HDD. I am including the original RAM, Speck Case, 250GB External HDD, Neoprene Sleeve, Bluetooth Mighty Mouse. How much do yall think I should post this on Craigslist?

Reaction score
I no idea about the pricing but why not check Ebay and see how they're selling.

I sold my Macbook which was 2 months old with stock specifications for $150 less than purchased and upgraded to a refurbished Macbook Pro.

OP
J
Reaction score
B/c completed eBay auctions also arnt going to reflect the 13" MBP, IF you bought my computer from Apple before 10am yesturday it would have been 1,627. plus acc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a 2.0Ghz Unibody that I upgraded to 4GB of RAM, and a 320GB 7,200 RPM HDD. I am including the original RAM, Speck Case, 250GB External HDD, Neoprene Sleeve, Bluetooth Mighty Mouse.
I thought this computer was owned by a 'bud' of yours?
This time around I am selling for a bud. ....

He bought this 2.0GHz, 2GB Of Ram,160GB HDD on Dec 7, 2008. Brand new from Apple Store. He within a week put 4GB of Ram, and a Seagate 320GB 7,200rpm HDD. He is including all box and accessories included and Bluetooth Apple Mighty Mouse,Targus Backpack, Speck Satin Case, Neoprene Case by Built,Parallels 4.0 software with CD, activation code and box, Western Digital External 250GB HDD,VGA Adapter. He also has Sealed Applecare so if someone can give me a price with Applecare and another without Applecare(He can sell it on eBay bc its sealed if it doesn't add more value).
What gives?

OP
J
Reaction score
I buy and sell macs ALOT.. He was really strapped for cash so he sold it too me for $1200.. Now I am selling it to get a new MBP.. It just kinda like an extra hobby I have.. I buy macs from people willing to sell for cheap and then resell them for the right price. I decided to keep a couple acc that he included and now the rest hits Craigslist. I just dont know how much to ask bc of the update yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Well Mac2Sell is updated every day, so you wouldn't have to worry about recent updates not being factored into their quoted price... so yes, they will "resemble the price drop to the "new" 13" MBP" in their quote.
Mac2Sell said:
Where does the displayed price come from ?

Among other parameters, our calculation is based on the specific configuration, on Apple's prices, local taxes and used Macs market in the different countries we support. It explains the price differences between countries in the euro currency zone.

When are the values updated ?
Everyday.
Their current quote is set at $1,100 - link

Again, the extras won't make much difference in the overall cost.
In other words, you'll be lucky to break even and get back what you paid for it.

OP
J
Reaction score
I would be happy if I could get $1200 for it even $1100.. I figured that would be too high lol.. i just really want a 2.53 MBP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.