ibook ram

Reaction score
ok soon ill be buying a ibook 12" and ofcourse will be updating the ram but I want to know were the best place to purchase ram from. Does regular ram like pc 2100 work both on pc and mac ????

OP
J
Reaction score
im a total newbie to mac so you have to excuse any dumb questions, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked right ? :)

S

sebeck

jsb515 said:
im a total newbie to mac so you have to excuse any dumb questions, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked right ? :)

http://www.crucial.com/

Just pick your make and model on the front page from the drop down menu in the middle and they will tell you exactly what you need. :)

S

sebeck

jsb515 said:
so im guessing crucial is the best priced ? :yinyang:

Probably not the best priced but you know for sure it will work with your system and they are a reputable company unlike some no name ram that might fail. I live by the motto you get what you pay for. Pay now or pay later. Know what I mean?

N

nadeem

good prices on crucial for the UK - Just upgraded the ram in mine this week

OP
J
Reaction score
what about newegg.com ? if I can use any pc 2100 notebook ram like kingston or some other good name brand newegg.com is usually cheaper.

T

titan0111

jsb515 said:
what about newegg.com ? if I can use any pc 2100 notebook ram like kingston or some other good name brand newegg.com is usually cheaper.
Make sure the vendor has a good return policy...

but I will still spend extra dollars and go with Crucial...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I've bought ram from OWC for many years and have only had one bad stick. Good return policy, no questions asked. (You have to pay return postage) They are one of the cheaper places to buy from.
I don't have any extra $, so I'm willing to take the chance. To me, it is like the insurance that stores always try to get you to buy…I never buy it and I've never needed it. The salesperson can never give you the statistics on the % of buyers that have to use the insurance.

P

pstauff

ebay is a great place for RAM. I got a used 256 module for $21 for my new iBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.