Problem with one of the usb port

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I have been having a problem with one of the usb ports on my new(3 weeks old) uni macbook pro. The problem I am having is with the usb port closest to the speaker/microphone input. It wont recognize anything when plugged it. I can plug my iphone but all it does is charge it, same thing with all my ipods. I plug in my mouse and it just turns the laser on but doesn't work. I was working fine just this morning. I usually keep the usb port closest to the magsafe for the mouse, and the other for my iphone. I went to charge the iphone and it said, this...is not compatible for iphone or something. It wont sync it at all. It works fine on the other one though, along with all my other stuff. Do you guys think something is turned off, or should I take it to the apple store. As you might tell, it about 3:20am, and I'm pretty frustrated:Angry:

I should also note that steermouse does not recognize my mouse when on the "broken" usb, but it does recognize it on the normal one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The machine is only three weeks old and is under warranty. Make an appointment with the genius bar at your local Apple store and take it on in.

Regards.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
took it to apple this morning and got a new macbook pro:) SWEET!! That's what I call great customer care!

Reaction score
So what was the problem? Guys, I have the same problem and don't have the waranty...maybe there is a solution?

Reaction score
So what was the problem? Guys, I have the same problem and don't have the waranty...maybe there is a solution?

The only conceivable reason is faulty hardware, something which we cannot fix even by hacking. I am afraid you'd have to stick with what you have since it is beyond the period of your warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.