MSN is doing a weird thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 13" 2.0GHZ 4GB RAM 500GB HDD
MSN has worked normally for months but last week it started doing something strange

when i type a message and press return (enter), the message sends and then the conversation window sort of moves back if you know what i mean, like i have to click on the window again to type another message.

so it like just makes it so if i type again it makes that annoyed sound like my typing is doing nothing (bom! that sound)

so every time i send a message i have to click the window again because i dont know why

so if you have any idea why it is doing this, please inform me.

P.S. i have a macbook 2.0ghz, aluminum one, i recently installed firefox and safari 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
its when u upgraded to the new version of safari. It basically kills msn... there currently is no fix.

Uninstalling safari dosnt fix it either... so you have to wait for Microsoft to fix it.

Edit:- Annoys the mess out of me too btw

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 13" 2.0GHZ 4GB RAM 500GB HDD
Ok thanks. At least I know it's not just my computer.

Reaction score
its when u upgraded to the new version of safari. It basically kills msn... there currently is no fix.

Uninstalling safari dosnt fix it either... so you have to wait for Microsoft to fix it.
Very strange that Apple's bug would effect a Microsoft program. I don't suppose Adium is immune to the issue? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
MSN used some safari service to connect I believe. Safari 4 changes this, I know it effects amsn, not in the same way but causes other bugs. Not heard of anything with adium though.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
MSN used some safari service to connect I believe. Safari 4 changes this, I know it effects amsn, not in the same way but causes other bugs. Not heard of anything with adium though.
Correct. AFAIK, and according to this thread, MSN uses Webkit and the current build of Webkit included with Safari 4 conflicts with MSN. Read here for more info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.