Mac Mini Freezing

Reaction score
Here is my setup. Core 2 Duo 1.83 Mini Stock. Connected via firewire is a WD Caviar Green 1 TB drive. My unibody 15in backs up wirelessly to this. Here is my dilemma: I just bought the external last week so it's the first time I've backed up. My mini has been hanging up recently causing me to have to reset the pram 1 about once every other day. When I try to shut down it says something to the effect of "Safari or quicksilver has refused to quit, shut it down and try again. So then I have to hold the power button. Then it won't turn on so I reset the pram. And so the cycle goes. I haven't had these problems prior so could it have something to do with TM?

OP
P
Reaction score
I stopped automounting the backup disk on my MBP, and unchecked the put disks to sleep box. I don't know for sure but it seemed like my TM disk would sleep and not respond causing the lockups.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.