email client

Reaction score
Hi
I just bought a Mac Book (13"). I'm wondering if I could sync my email from my Windows XP.
I would like to use both. I'm using my Win XP for work and my MAC Book for personal.
Is that possible that I could download my emails to both notebooks?

Thanks & regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
WE need to know what you are using on windows, I assume you are using Outlook for work email

OP
T
Reaction score
hi again, I'm not sure what do I need in order for me to have the two emails in 2 laptops.
the other 1 is xp and my personal is Macbook white.
can i set it up in the Mac mail?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just select the option in Outlook to leave your mail on the server. Then you can use Mac Mail to download the messages in duplicate. If you use Web Mail such as Hotmail or GMail, you don't even have to do that. Just access your account on line and move read mail into your inbox. Download again.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
i see. does that mean, I'll have emails in both mail clients?
what will happen if I want to delete an email in my Mac email, does that mean I'll also have to do that in my windows xp outlook?
how about IMAP?

regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i see. does that mean, I'll have emails in both mail clients?
what will happen if I want to delete an email in my Mac email, does that mean I'll also have to do that in my windows xp outlook?
how about IMAP? regards

Yes, both your email clients (Mac and Windows) will have the same mail. If by delete you're referring to after the mail is downloaded, then yes, you'll have to delete it from both.

IMAP is a bit different because you're actually accessing the mail directly from the server. If for example you have mail you wish to delete from say, GMail, then all that is necessary is a one time delete. That's because (again) you're going on line for the action.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
ok. thank you very much for the input.
I think I'll do the IMAP then. So that I can access the same mails in both of my laptops.

;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.