Internet sometimes doesn't work

Reaction score
Recently, when I'm in my university's library and trying to access the internet, I am unable to do so. Even if my wireless bars are all black and darkened, my internet doesn't seem to load, or it takes a long time to do so. Sometimes, I need to exit out of Safari and turn airport on/off a few times to get the internet access back on. Sometimes that doesn't work, and I just have to wait a while. Is this "normal"? Does this suggest something is wrong with my macbook pro's wireless card?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If that is the only location you're having issues, I would think it has more to do with the access point (e.g. the libraries wireless router) has too many people trying to access it simultaneously and overloading it's bandwidth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro / 15-inch:2.2GHz / 2GB memory
I also have this problem, why dont know but sometimes when I connect to the internet in home wth my pc desktop, I cannot connect with my mac at the same time, I always have to disconnect then reconnect to internet, I wish I can handle this problem..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I also am having the same problem, both at school and at home. I never had this problem occur before, and it doesnt even happen to my other computers:-(

Mine always says, "failed to connect..." and it always asks me to reboot the modem/router...but I ignore it and restart firefox/safari and it starts working. I ignore it because it still happens again once i reboot it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.